General Terms and Conditions for the Expert Programme
Please note the following general terms and conditions that apply to all continuous training programmes for experts at Akademie der Kulturellen Bildung and that you accept with your booking.
Registration and attendance: Upon receipt of your registration, you will receive a booking confirmation. Registration for continuous training in multiple parts shall be valid for all parts of a course. The contract shall take effect after confirmation by Akademie der Kulturellen Bildung. Confirmation notices, listings on waiting lists and cancellations shall be given in writing. The course instructors shall reserve the right to select participants on the basis of professional criteria. With a view to the content and agenda of individual courses as well as the participation of speakers, Akademie der Kulturellen Bildung reserves the right to make objectively necessary and reasonable adjustments. Male and female participants are expected to have a normal mental and physical resilience.
In case the envisaged number of participants cannot be achieved, the registrations submitted shall be valid and binding. However, we are entitled to cancel a course at short notice in such a case. In case a course has to be cancelled on the basis of the right to cancel stipulateda by these general terms and conditions, attendance fees already paid shall be reimbursed immediately. There are no other claims above and beyond this.
Accommodation: Attendance at a course without accommodation and board at Akademie der Kulturellen Bildung shall generally be excluded. Requests for single rooms will be considered. A mark-up of € 5.- per accommodation will be charged for single rooms and € 10.- for single rooms with shower/WC.
Prices: The prices listed for each course shall be valid. Akademie der Kulturellen Bildung reserves the right to increase its fees in the framework of general price increases for parts of courses that will take place in subsequent calendar years.
Participants shall receive a 20 % discount as from their third course per calendar year. Accommodation and board shall not be covered by the discount provision. The third course (course phase) by calendar shall count during a year regardless of its duration and price. In case public funding is utilised (training cheques, premium vouchers and the like), the discount provision shall not apply.
Method of payment: Three weeks prior to the beginning of a course, participants shall receive an invoice with a due date. In case of courses that consist of multiple parts, only the fees for the respective upcoming part shall be due. In case of delayed payment, participants will have to pay overdue charges. Instalments may be paid until completion of the course. A standard administration fee of € 10.- will be charged for payment in instalments.
Right to cancel
1. Courses without selection process and with immediate confirmation can be cancelled up to three months before the course begins. In case you receive a confirmation in the framework of an admission process, the cancellation period is 7 days as from the postmark date.
An administration fee of € 10.- will be charged in both case
2. In case of a later cancellation up to three weeks before the course begins, the following cancellation fees will be charged: courses up to three days: € 25.-, courses of four to five days: € 50.-, courses longer than five days: € 100.-.
3. In case of cancellation less than three weeks before the course begins, the full fees for the course will be charged plus a cancellation fee of 1/3 of the price for accommodation and board. It is not possible to cancel services in part.
4. The participants shall be entitled to prove that he/she did not or not in the amount indicated suffer an economic loss.
5. Cancellation shall in any case be submitted in writing.
6. In case of courses with multiple parts, the provisions stipulated in sections 2 and 3 shall apply to each part of the course accordingly.
7. Continuous training courses for which a separate contract has been concluded shall be subject to the provisions stipulated therein.
Data protection: Courses will be administered electronically. The data compiled by Akademie der Kulturellen Bildung shall be subject to the Federal Data Protection Act. In order for participants to arrange to travel together, address details of people travelling to the same course will be provided.
Correspondence: Akademie der Kulturellen Bildung is increasingly using email communication. The email address provided on your registration form shall therefore be regarded as binding.
Liability: Akademie der Kulturellen Bildung does not assume liability for personal or property damage or loss, except in cases of negligent or intentional breach of duty by Akademie der Kulturellen Bildung.
Utilisation caveat: Akademie der Kulturellen Bildung shall have the right to utilise objects and results generated in courses by working groups and with materials of the Akademie.
Arrival and departure: Travel to and from the Akademie shall be at participants’ own cost and risk. Akademie der Kulturellen Bildung offers a free shuttle service to the Remscheid-Güldenwerth station during the most common arrival and departure times. There is no entitlement to this service.
Legal venue: Remscheid shall be the legal venue.